Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jamie's Story Part 1

Death isn't all that bad really. I always imagined it to feel confining, like I was trapped but actually its quite a freeing sensation. Now that I'm dead I'm finally free from this crazy world that we, well you, live in...Free from the drama, free from the stress, free from the violence and finally free from the crime.
***
Lying here dead I can't help but wonder who will be at my funeral. Nothing better to think about I guess, but the image of a shining casket surrounded by flowers is practically ingrained in me as I watch the dirt fall. By this time you're probably wondering how I died huh? Well that'll come later for now I'm too distracted by watching my murderer fill in my shallow grave. He can't seem to work fast enough as my eyes are still open and I'm trying my hardest to burn right through his soul with a stare as strong as God Almighty Himself...
*****
...Now that hes finished I can get back to my story, I never was one for violence but when you grow up where I did you don't really have much of a choice. But even with the life I had I never dreamed of ending up like this, buried in some forgotten forest some 20 miles off the highway, waiting for someone to find my limp shell. I only hope that happens soon, I'm getting tired of the eerie darkness left behind by a life abruptly ended. Excuse me, I just realized I never introduced myself, my name is Jamie and I was killed today.

1 comment:

Kyle! said...

It's about time you posted! Ha

Very interesting story. It actually kind of reminds me of the book I'm reading. Have you ever heard of Neil Gaeman? He wrote Coraline, if that helps.
The book I'm reading, written by him, is called "The Graveyard Book." Basically, it's about a kid that was raised by ghosts. In a graveyard. When he was just an infant, his family was all murdered. He somehow escaped and crawled into a graveyard. The ghosts found him, and decided to raise him and take care of him.

It's really neat. Anyways, that's what this reminded me of. Interesting that your character is already dead. But I guess that's what makes this story unique, right?

If you don't count August, you only post once a month. That's sad. I know you probably don't have time, or you don't think you have time, but seriously..post more! Hahaha