Thursday, February 3, 2011

Petreedccione

First, to explain the title, it is simply Alex's future solution to the problem of both of us wanting to keep our last names.
And Now, on to the post: A fews days ago Alex and I celebrated our one year anniversary. I love that boy more than I even thought was possible and suddenly I feel more free and stuck at the same time.
Free because I know I'll never have to worry about finding love again.
Stuck because all the good feelings make me want more.
For the first time in my life the concept of moving out and growing up doesn't seem so scary. With Alex by my side it sounds exciting. Maybe I'm ready maybe I'm not, it doesn't really matter, I want to find out. I want a job I want a degree I want my own place so bad it hurts. It doesn't help that I have more than 10 people in my life that are either freshly married or engaged. Not that even getting married is at the top of my to do list right at this moment, it just speaks to people's ability to take a step forward in life. An ability I don't currently have.
This last year has transformed me into a shade of the woman I want to be. Alex is the man I always hoped to find and more I've loved every minute spent exploring his personality and discovering how well we work together all through ups and downs. Our eccentricities fit together like two puzzle pieces. It seems that every good quality we each have is designed to deal with the faults of the other. So I guess really what I'm trying to say is that despite my feeling stuck, this has been an absolutely amazing year and I can waitto see what the coming years bring :]

2 comments:

Perry said...

Good luck you guys. You have no clue how funny it was to watch you two stumble around 2+ years ago...... :-)

Crimson Kisses said...

I'm sure I can't even begin to imagine lol